I love the blogging community on Twitter, and to be recognized by my lovely peers is truly special and humbling to me. Thanks so much, Stacey!
I’ve seen a few bloggers posting about the Sunshine Blogger Award but I never knew anything about it. I knew that it was an award for bloggers, but I wasn’t sure what it is awarded for and how the award process worked. Stacey’s post helped shed some light on it for me, though.
The Sunshine Blogger Award is exclusively for the blogging community, and you receive it by being nominated by one of your peers. It’s essentially a way for bloggers to help show their support for each other. It’s kind of like a virtual hug or pat on the back. Either way, it’s one of the many great things I love about the blogging community.
If you are awarded with the Sunshine Blogger Award, there are some rules and guidelines to follow so that we can all continue spreading the support and positivity. I’ve listed the rules below. To formally accept the award, you will need to create a post on your blog and include some things that are outlined in the rules.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link to their blog.
- Display the Sunshine Blogger Logo in your post or on your blog.
- List the rules in your blog post.
- Answer the 11 questions that are provided to you by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers.
- Provide your nominees with 11 questions (different from the ones you answered).
My answers to Stacey’s questions
I enjoyed reading Stacey’s responses to the questions that she was given to answer upon her acceptance of the award. Hopefully you enjoy reading mine as well!
1. Why did you start blogging?
I originally started blogging because I found out that a lot of bloggers made money doing it. I quickly found out that it’s not so easy to do. That didn’t really bother me though, because it didn’t take long for me to fall in love with the blogging community and how supportive everyone is.
Plus, I really enjoy writing, and as of this year I found the perfect niche for me, which is all things mental health. I’m incredibly passionate about it, and my only hope is to make a difference to people. I’d love to make more money blogging, but that isn’t even close to any of my main motivations for blogging.
2. What is your favorite childhood memory?
My favorite childhood memory would have to be all of the times I spent time on the computer learning and working on website and graphic design. I’m entirely self-taught and am able to do what I can today because of how much time I spent on my computer. And I still do! 🙂
3. Where would you like to be 5 years from now?
I’m going to change this question a tiny bit and tell you what I would like to be doing in five to ten years instead of only five.
My husband and I would love to be able to save up enough money to move to Seattle, Washington within that time frame. It is my ideal place to live. My ultimate goal would be to live there while making a decent income blogging so that I didn’t have to have another job. It’s also my goal to help my husband get a job he would truly enjoy.
4. What is your favorite food?
I have two favorite foods that I absolutely cannot choose between. Pizza and pasta. Yum!
5. What are your 3 favorite movies?
I’m not a huge movie buff, but three movies that I really enjoy are Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (I’m considering both movies as one), both John Wick movies (and I’m eagerly awaiting the third one), and Twister (RIP Bill Paxton). I know that’s four movies, but I can’t choose between the John Wick movies.
6. If you could be any Disney character, which would you be and why?
Any Disney character? Hm… This one is going to have to be a tie between Ariel from The Little Mermaid and Mulan.
I’d love to be Ariel because I love swimming. I was always fascinated with mermaids when I was growing up, and The Little Mermaid was one of my favorite movies. Mulan is great, too. I would be Mulan because I love Asian culture, food, and their traditions. She’s also just a general badass who was willing to go to war to protect her father.
7. Did you play/do any sports when you were younger?
The only sport I ever really played when I was younger was kickball, and only because I had to in school or at daycare. I’ve never liked watching or playing sports.
8. Is there anything you wish you could change about yourself?
I had to take a couple of minutes to think about this question. After considering everything, the only thing I hope to change is my weight.
My mental illnesses came to mind and, while they are severe and can be very debilitating, I can’t say that I wish I didn’t have them. They make me who I am, and I feel as though one of my purposes in this world is to help spread awareness of mental illnesses and mental health in general.
9. Have you ever been in love?
Yes, and I am happy to be married to the handsome, sexy man that I love so dearly.
10. If you could travel anywhere in the world tomorrow, where would you go and why?
I would love to visit either England or Australia. I find them both to be beautiful places in their own way. I’ve known people from both countries and, after hearing them talk about their time there, it sparked a huge interest. I hope to one day visit both countries.
11. Who was your idol growing up?
I didn’t really have an idol, per say, but I looked up to both Bill Gates and Steve Jobs. They were big inspirations to me, and I still admire them and their work (RIP Steve Jobs).
I was first exposed to technology before I became of double digit age. I have loved and used technology frequently ever since. My primary interest is computers, but I love most types of technology.
My noninations for the Sunshine Blogger Award
There are so many wonderful bloggers out there, but for the sake of this award, I will only be telling you about eleven that I am happy to know.
If I listed every blogger that I admire and respect, you would be reading this post for many, many hours. If you don’t see your name listed, please know that it isn’t because I don’t think you are as wonderful as the bloggers that are listed. You are all special to me, and I appreciate the support that you all show me.
Each and every one of these bloggers deserve the recognition for their hard work. I’m so glad that I’ve connected with each of them on Twitter because it has been a true pleasure to know them. They do an amazing job every single day, and I hope to continue seeing their work for years to come.
There are plenty of bloggers I couldn’t list. If you aren’t listed, this doesn’t mean that you aren’t also doing an amazing job. I really can’t state this enough.
Questions for my nominees
I’ve come up with some questions for the bloggers that I have nominated. If you are on my list of nominated bloggers above, please include these questions, including your answers to them, in your post (assuming you accept the award).
After you write your post, I’d love to check it out so that I can learn a little bit more about you. Please leave me a comment with the link to your post so that I can check it out!
1. Briefly describe the moment when you decided to start a blog. What made you want to start? Did something or someone inspire you?
2. What is one thing that you want everyone to know about you?
3. Tell us one way that you are a good blogger. Stating that you are not a good blogger is not an acceptable answer because every one of us has good qualities. Maybe you raise awareness for something. Maybe you’re good at coming up with ideas for posts. Maybe you love working with other bloggers and supporting them.
4. What is one of your biggest goals that you wish to achieve with your blog?
5. What is your favorite TV show?
6. What is one country that you would like to visit, and why?
7. What are three material possessions that you couldn’t live without?
8. If you could have any superpower in the world, what would it be?
9. What is your drink of choice? It can be non-alcoholic or alcoholic, or feel free to list one of each.
10. What are three personality traits that you like about yourself?
11. What are your hobbies or some things that you like to do in your spare time?