The lovely Conquer the Madness was so kind enough to nominate me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. Thanks so much for this!
The blogger community on Twitter continues to humble and amaze me. I’ve never received so much support before. I’ve been in handfuls of blogger groups on Facebook and it’s just not the same. I can’t thank all of you enough for your help, love, and support.
The Sunshine Blogger Award is an award created by bloggers, for bloggers, so that we can recognize our peers for the great work they are doing with their blog.
If you are nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award, there are some rules to follow so that we can all continue spreading the support and positivity. To formally accept the award, you need to create your own post on your blog and follow the guidelines below.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link to their blog
- Display the Sunshine Blogger Logo in your post
- List the rules in your blog post
- Answer the 11 questions that are provided to you by the blogger who nominated you
- Nominate 11 bloggers for the award
- Provide your nominees with 11 questions (different from the ones you answered)
My answers to Conquer the Madness’s questions
Time to learn a little bit more about me from these questions that Conquer the Madness asked me. Do we have anything in common?
1. Describe yourself in three sentences.
I’m a very dedicated and passionate mental health advocate. I’m an honest person. I try to always do my best to be a thoughtful and loyal friend.
2. What do you feel that your best attributes are?
My best physical attribute is my eyes. Otherwise, I think my top attributes are integrity and passion.
3. What TV or film or book character do you most resonate with and why?
I’m not sure if I really have an answer to this. I can’t think of any character that I resonate with right off hand. If I think of one, I’ll update this post.
4. At what point in your life did you realise that something needed to change?
On my 23rd birthday. I realized that I needed to make a life change regarding a previous relationship. It took a lot of courage to do so, but I made the change.
5. Who are you closest to in your life?
I feel closest to my husband, one of my friends who I used to work with, and a handful of people who are a part of the mental health community on Twitter.
6. Why did you choose to start a blog?
I initially started a blog to make money with it, but my goal quickly changed and I continued blogging because I enjoyed writing and sharing my thoughts and opinions on different things.
7. What do you do for a living and do you enjoy it?
I work part-time as an Administrative Assistant. While it may not seem like much, it is the best job I’ve ever had and I really enjoy it and what I do.
8. If you had to pick either bowling, the cinema or ice skating, which one would you choose and why?
Hm. Probably ice skating, because I’d love to be able to get better at it. I don’t like bowling because you have to wear either socks or bowling shoes, and I always feel like I will slip and fall in both. Seeing a movie in a cinema is okay, but ultimately less fun than ice skating. In my opinion, anyway.
I used to live near an ice skating rink but I don’t anymore. Aw, man…
9. What 3 tips would you give to a fellow blogger or someone looking to start a blog?
The first tip I have for a new or potential blogger is to figure out what your motivation is. Is it to write and share your thoughts and opinions? Is it to advocate for a cause? Is it to make money? There’s no wrong answer, but you need to know what your main motivation is so that you can set realistic goals and work towards them.
The second tip I have is to not stretch yourself too thin starting out. Don’t set unrealistic goals for the number of posts you write, and don’t create an account for your blog on every single social network all at once. Take your time and build up your brand. Having so many different things going on can be very overwhelming.
The third tip I have is to be a friend, not an advertiser. Follow people on social media and start conversations with them. Make connections and network. If your main priority is the number of subscribers and followers you have, most people will see right through that and realize that they are just a number to you.
10. How has blogging helped you in day to day life?
Writing and working on anything blog-related is extremely therapeutic to me. It gets my mind off anything that may be causing me anxiety or depressive feelings. Plus, writing about my mental health struggles on my blog allows me to get my feelings out instead of keeping them bottled up inside.
11. What would be your best piece of advice to your younger self?
Always be honest, and always be kind. I didn’t always have this mindset when I was younger, but thankfully that has changed.
My noninations for the Sunshine Blogger Award
There are so many amazing bloggers I have the pleasure of knowing. They all deserve this award, but to give you a handful of them, my nominations for the Sunshine Blogger Award are below. Please visit them on Twitter and show them some love!
These bloggers are truly amazing people. Some of them may have even been nominated for this award already. Their blogs are amazing and they are so dedicated at what they do. They may not always know it, but I frequently read their tweets and take peeks at their blogs!
Questions for my nominees
I’ve come up with some questions for the bloggers that I have nominated. If you are on my list of nominated bloggers above, please include these questions, including your answers to them, in your post.
After you write your post, I’d love to check it out so that I can learn a little bit more about you! Please leave a comment with the link to your post so that I can check it out!
1. Day or night?
2. What is your favorite breakfast food or meal?
3. What color of the rainbow best describes you?
4. You wake up in the middle of the night and crave a midnight snack. What are you craving?
5. What are you most scared of?
6. Are you allergic to anything?
7. What is your favorite day of the week, and why?
8. Describe a time where you showed a lot of bravery or courage.
9. Do you have any pets? If so, please tell us their names and ages (if you’d like to)!
10. Where do you see your blog this time next year? Double the followers and subscribers? Do you hope to be doing more collaborations with other bloggers or brands? Do you hope to be earning more money?
11. You just won a free 1-week vacation in any place of our choosing. Where are you going?