I have been so humbled by the blogging community lately. Single Mom, Strong Traveler was so kind and thoughtful enough to nominate me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. Please pay her blog a visit after you’re done visiting mine!
I have never been more thankful and proud to be a part of a community as I am with the blogger community. I interact with most bloggers on Twitter and I have had the opportunity to meet so many wonderful and talented people. I can’t thank them enough for their endless and continued support!
The Sunshine Blogger Award is a great way for bloggers to show support for one another. Blogging is rewarding but it can also be very difficult. From writing our posts to working on our SEO to our blog design to marketing ourselves, the work really never ends. It definitely pays off though, especially when you are recognized by your peers. Not only does it make you feel good, but it lets you know that you’re having an impact on someone and, chances are, more than one person.
If you are nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award, there are some rules to follow so that we can all continue spreading the support and positivity. To formally accept the award, you will need to create your own post on your blog and follow the guidelines below.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link to their blog.
- Display the Sunshine Blogger Logo in your post or on your blog.
- List the rules in your blog post.
- Answer the 11 questions that are provided to you by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers.
- Provide your nominees with 11 questions (different from the ones you answered).
My answers to Single Mom, Strong Traveler’s questions
I enjoyed reading her answers to the questions she was asked! It’s always nice to get to know your peers. Hopefully you enjoy reading my answers to the questions she asked me!
1. What’s one word to describe your blog?
One word to describe my blog is: Honest. Everything I write on my blog is honest.
2. What brings sunshine in your life?
My husband is my first and main answer, but I’m sure that some of you may be expecting that. Rightfully so. To add to that, though, cats make me so incredibly happy. I can’t even imagine what our lives would be like if we didn’t have our five adorable felines!
3. Why do you blog?
I blog primarily to help spread awareness of mental illnesses and disorders, but I also enjoy reviewing products and sharing my opinions and experiences of them.
4. What’s one place you’d love to visit?
I would absolutely love to visit the UK. I’ve heard wonderful things and the photos I’ve seen are beautiful.
5. Favorite movie?
I don’t think I have a favorite movie, honestly. I have some movies that I like and could watch various times, though, like the Harry Potter movies, Twister, and Deadpool.
6. Morning bird or night owl?
I am definitely a night owl. I love nighttime because it’s quieter and less busy.
7. What’s your favorite social media?
Twitter. I’ve never felt more camaraderie than I do on Twitter.
8. What’s your spirit animal?
I had to take an online quiz to help me with this question, haha. It seems as though my spirit animal is a deer.
According to the quiz, I am highly sensitive and have a strong intuition. It also states that I have the power to deal with challenges with grace, and that I Master the art of being both determined and gentle in my approach.
Sounds incredibly spot on!
Curious as to what your spirit animal is? Click here! If you take the quiz, please comment and let me know what your spirit animal is!
9. What’s your favorite book?
I know this sounds horrible, but I don’t really have a favorite book. I am, regretfully, not a reader. The last time I really delved into a book was when I read The Hunger Games trilogy, and that was back in 2013.
One of my goals is to start reading more, so I’ve recently been perusing the blogs of book bloggers to get an idea of what genres I might enjoy reading.
10. Hot tea or coffee?
I’m a coffee gal for sure!
My noninations for the Sunshine Blogger Award
There are so many amazing bloggers that I have had the pleasure of connecting with. They all deserve this award, but to give you a good place to start, my nominations for the Sunshine Blogger Award are below. Definitely check them out and show them some love!
These bloggers are truly amazing people, and I am so happy to know them. They do such a great job and their blogs are really something special. They may not always know it, but I frequently read their tweets and take peeks at their blogs!
Questions for my nominees
I’ve come up with some questions for the bloggers that I have nominated. If you are on my list of nominated bloggers above, please include these questions, including your answers to them, in your post.
After you write your post, I’d love to check it out so that I can learn a little bit more about you! Please leave a comment with the link to your post so that I can check it out!
1. How long have you been blogging?
2. What is your favorite book? Why is this particular book your favorite?
3. What is your favorite inspirational quote?
4. If you could be any animal, which one would you choose?
5. What is your favorite season?
6. What is one of the goals you wish to achieve with your blog?
7. If you could wake up tomorrow and do anything or go anywhere you want, what would you do or where would you go? Assume you have unlimited funds.
8. Coffee or tea?
9. What is your favorite social media website?
10. Where do you see your blog this time next year? Double the followers and subscribers? Do you hope to be doing more collaborations with other bloggers or brands? Do you hope to be earning more money?
11. If you could win a lifetime supply of any household item, what would it be?