Karlie from the lovely Wandering Nobody blog was so kind enough to nominate me for the Sunshine Blogger Award this month. Please pay her blog a visit after you’re done visiting mine!
The blogging community continues to amaze me by how kind and supportive they are. I could not be a successful blogger without them and, while I know this is my blog and I write the content for it, they still get some of the credit because of how amazing they are. Thank you for nominating me, Karlie!
The Sunshine Blogger Award is all about showing support and giving other bloggers a virtual hug or pat on the back for being so positive, inspiring, and creative. It’s an awesome way to show support for your fellow bloggers, as the award can only be nominated by your fellow peers.
If you are awarded with the Sunshine Blogger Award, there are some rules and guidelines to follow so that we can all continue spreading the support and positivity. I’ve listed the rules below. To formally accept the award, you will need to create a post on your blog and include some things that are outlined in the rules.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link to their blog.
- Display the Sunshine Blogger Logo in your post or on your blog.
- List the rules in your blog post.
- Answer the 11 questions that are provided to you by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers.
- Provide your nominees with 11 questions (different from the ones you answered).
My answers to Karlie’s questions
I enjoyed reading Karlie’s responses to the questions that she was given to answer upon her acceptance of the award. Hopefully you enjoy reading my responses to her questions!
1. What is the weirdest food you have tried?
The weirdest food I’ve tried would probably be frog legs. It really isn’t that weird of a food when you think about it, but as I’m not really adventurous when trying new foods, that’s the only food I can think of that could be deemed close to weird.
2. What is one thing you have been surprised with (good or bad) since getting into blogging?
The one thing I was surprised by, in a good way, was the blogging community. When I first became interested in having a blog of my own, all I was really thinking about was what it takes to have one. I had no idea that bloggers have their own “community,” or support network, where they talk to each other and share support for one another. It’s really an amazing thing to be a part of.
The best part is that no blogger is excluded, and that it’s open to everyone on social media. There are Facebook groups and Twitter hashtags for specific groups, but you don’t have to be a part of them or maintain a membership to give and receive support.
3. What is the worst experience traveling you have had?
The worst traveling experience I’ve ever had was when I drove to and from Little Rock, AR from Mississippi to visit my husband while he was working out there one summer. The I-40 interstate is so incredibly boring and the lack of scenery makes the drive seem longer than it really is. I know it’s not the only boring road, but it’s the most boring one that I have experienced.
4. What is the best experience traveling you have had?
The best traveling experience I’ve ever had was one of my vacations to Destin, Florida. I went with my grandparents and my oldest cousin and I remember having so much fun on the drive there as well as the vacation itself.
5. If you could be any bird, which bird would you be and why?
I would have to choose a conure. They’re wonderful and beautiful creatures, and I’ve loved them ever since I saw the movie Paulie when I was younger.
6. What is your favorite topic to write about and why?
Mental health is my favorite topic to write about on my blog. One reason is because I find writing to be therapeutic. I don’t have a lot of in-person friends to talk to, so writing is a great way for me to get all of my thoughts and feelings out. My other reason for writing about mental health is to help spread awareness of mental illnesses and disorders.
7. If you could quit whatever is bringing in money right now and do anything and be compensated enough to live quite well, what would you do?
I would absolutely love to be able to blog full time while making a decent income for me and my family.
8. What is your favorite mantra to live by?
Be strong enough to stand alone, smart enough to know when you need help, and brave enough to ask for it.
This is one mantra that I find to be particularly meaningful and powerful, especially as it pertains to mental health.
9. Are you an introvert or an extrovert? What is your favorite and least favorite trait of whichever you are?
While I’ve gotten better with social interactions as I’ve gotten older, I still consider myself to be an introvert. I have been told that being on the quiet side can sometimes come off as snobbish, or like a “I’m better than you / I’m too good to talk to you” attitude. While I can see how it may come off that way, it’s definitely not true and I hate that I have probably come off that way to some people.
10. When you were a kid, what did you want to do when you “grew up?”
I switched between a veterinarian and a surgeon.
11. You can only choose one food and one drink for the next year – what would it be?
Pizza and Diet Coke. So healthy, I know. Haha!
My noninations for the Sunshine Blogger Award
I know so many wonderful bloggers. I would love to list them all, but for the sake of this award I will stick with the 11 nominations. If you don’t see your name listed, please know that it isn’t because I don’t think you are as wonderful as the bloggers that are listed. You are all special to me, and I appreciate the support that you all show me.
Each and every one of these bloggers deserve the recognition for their hard work. I’ve been following their blogs and tweets, and I’m so glad that I’ve connected with each of them. It has been a true pleasure to know them. They do an amazing job every single day and I hope to continue seeing their work for years to come.
There are plenty of bloggers I couldn’t list. If you aren’t listed, this doesn’t mean that you aren’t also doing an amazing job. I really can’t state this enough.
Questions for my nominees
I’ve come up with some questions for the bloggers that I have nominated. If you are on my list of nominated bloggers above, please include these questions, including your answers to them, in your post.
After you write your post, I’d love to check it out so that I can learn a little bit more about you. Please leave me a comment with the link to your post so that I can check it out!
1. How long have you been blogging?
2. What is your favorite book? Why is this particular book your favorite?
3. What is your favorite inspirational quote?
4. If you could be any animal, which one would you choose?
5. What is your favorite season?
6. What is one of the goals you wish to achieve with your blog?
7. If you could wake up tomorrow and do anything or go anywhere you want, what would you do or where would you go? Assume you have unlimited funds.
8. Coffee or tea?
9. What is your favorite social media website?
10. Where do you see your blog this time next year? Double the followers and subscribers? Do you hope to be doing more collaborations with other bloggers or brands? Do you hope to be earning more money?
11. If you could win a lifetime supply of any household item, what would it be?