Mental Health Check-In

Hello, everyone!

This will be the first of many mental health check-ins that I will be doing regularly on my blog. There are times where I feel like I don’t add enough of myself into certain posts. While I like to share facts and figures with you, I want to be sure that my blog is about me. I post a lot of personal things on Twitter, but I want to do the same on my blog, too.

My intention is to post these check-ins weekly.

This is week four on my Trintellix + Vraylar medication combination.

I feel like the Trintellix is helping with my depression, but I’m experiencing a horrible symptom from the Vraylar: severe restlessness.

For the past week, I’ve been experiencing severe feelings of restlessness at home and at work.

I can’t bare to sit still long enough to get much of anything done. At home, I switch from watching television to reading to crocheting to coloring to blogging, all within a fifteen minute time span. I just can’t sit still. One night, I couldn’t sleep because of it and all I wanted to do was pace or go for a walk (but it was cold outside and was the middle of the night).

I feel my worst when I’m at work because I feel like I’m trapped in my office. Not for any reason that has to do with my employers, as they’re wonderful people. I’m just not comfortable sitting down in my chair all day. It’s getting increasingly difficult to deal with, both physically and mentally. But especially mentally.

During my last appointment with my PMHNP (Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner — my future occupation, hopefully!), which was last Wednesday (mid-November 2018), she told me to let her know if it ever gets to the point where I feel like I want to pace, as that’s a bad effect of the Vraylar. I hadn’t reached that point then, but she also mentioned that I will likely experience more from the Vraylar in the coming weeks because it will have had more time to get in my system. I’d say that’s accurate, haha.

I called and spoke to my PMHNP’s nurse about it today. She told me she was going to speak with her and get back to me. I didn’t hear back from her today, so hopefully I get that phone call tomorrow. I’m on the lowest dose of Vraylar, at 1.5mg, so it’s very possible that my care team will request that I stop taking it.

Other than that, everything is going okay.

I still have trouble at work, in addition to the Vraylar effects, so it’s been hard coming to terms with the fact that I might not be able to handle full-time work. I have a lot of trouble focusing, concentrating, and even remembering certain things.

That’s all for now, guys! Until next week. 🙂

How have things been for you lately? Please let me know in the comments! I love talking to you guys and getting to know you.


My name is Nicole, and I’m very happy that you decided to stop by and visit my blog! I write about mental health, and I post the occasional product review. I’m most passionate about writing, mental health advocacy, and gaming. My husband and I live in the South with our five tabby cats and two parakeets. If you ever want to connect with me, please don’t hesitate to visit my Contact page.

Find me on: Web | Twitter | Facebook

Sharing is caring

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Policies & Disclosures

Medical Disclaimer    |    Cookie Policy     |    Disclosure Policy     |    Privacy Policy    
%d bloggers like this: