I came across a great post idea from Melissa over at Perfectly Pint-Sized. It’s a “If We Were Meeting Up For Coffee” series, and the objective is for me to tell you a little bit more about myself in a way that I may not in my posts.
I saw Melissa’s post on Twitter where she was sharing her post and I loved it! I let her know that I’d love to do something similar and she suggested that I go ahead and do it because she has had fun with it. So, here I am!
My goal is to continue this post series monthly. I’ll think of five things that I can tell you about myself and share them with you every month!
I’ll start with an introductory post where I share some basic information about myself. If you can think of any questions that I can include in next month’s post, I’d love it if you shared them in the comments!
If we were having coffee…
1. If we were meeting up for coffee, I would start by telling you my name and that I was happy to be meeting and having coffee with you. I don’t have many friends because I don’t really like being around people for long periods of time, especially if it’s a group. That’s what sucks about anxiety. But, it’s not so bad when I’m hanging out with someone one-on-one.
2. If we were meeting up for coffee, I would tell you about my blog and my passion for mental health advocacy, and how I combine both of those things with my blog. I would also share that I have a full time Administrative Assistant job that I really enjoy because I have my own office and can do my work at my own pace.
Something as little as that helps me so much when it comes to my mental illnesses. It makes it even better that my employer is understanding of my mental illnesses and are more than accommodating when it comes to my doctor’s appointments.
3. If we were meeting up for coffee, I would tell you a little bit about my husband and our pets, which includes five tabby cats (pictures on my About page!) and two parakeets. Then I would probably tell you how much of a cat fanatic I am, haha.
4. If we were meeting up for coffee, I would tell you about some of my hobbies and things that I like to do in my spare time.
Blogging is one of my favorite hobbies, but I also enjoy tweeting and supporting others on Twitter, watching Law and Order: SVU and Big Bang Theory, writing in my journal, listening to music, and sleeping in on Saturday and Sunday mornings. Oh, and that I love a nice cup of iced coffee! I only drink hot coffee during the winter months because of how hot-natured I am.
5. If we were meeting up for coffee, I would thank you for taking the time to meet with me over coffee. It’s not easy for me to meet people because of my anxiety, but it’s a Catch-22 because I like having close friends to hang out with and confide in.
If you and I met for coffee, what are some things about yourself that you would share with me? It can be anything! And I’d love it if you commented and told me some things that I can share with you about myself in the next post!