Easy Wok-cooked Fried Rice
Craving some restaurant-style fried rice? This recipe is easy to make and very affordable, and it tastes just like what you're served in a Japanese restaurant! This is my personal recipe, so I hope you enjoy it!This recipe easily feeds an adult family of 4, and possibly even a family of 6 if you have children. It makes plenty of rice for leftovers if you're a smaller family like us!PLEASE NOTE: This recipe requires a wok.
- 2 cups long grain white rice
- 6 whole eggs
- 1 pack frozen green peas
- low sodium soy sauce
- beef, pork, chicken, or shrimp
- Cook 2 cups of long grain white rice according to package instructions.
- While the rice is simmering, you can go ahead and cook the eggs. It's best if you scramble them to small pieces.
- If you choose to add a meat to your easy fried rice, go ahead and cook it according to package instructions while the rice is still simmering.
- Cook your vegetable(s) according to package instructions. We usually choose to add peas. We buy them frozen and steam-cook them in the package in the microwave when we notice that our rice is almost done cooking.
- When your rice, eggs, meat of choice, and veggie(s) are done cooking individually, add them to your wok.
- Cook all of your ingredients on high for about 5 minutes. Add low sodium soy sauce to taste and stir frequently as your ingredients cook together.
I highly recommend using store brand ingredients. This is what my husband and I did, and we managed to keep the cost of this recipe just at $10.00!